An open house at Write On to celebrate those who inspire us
Reading, writing, music, food, trail hikes, and more!
Join us at Write On, Door County for a fun day to celebrate or remember your mother or any special person who has been an inspiration in your life.
- 10:00 a.m.: We kick off the event with a community dedication of our new Olson Family Memorial Council Ring, donated in memory of two inspirational mothers.
- 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.: Mauricio’s Mexican food truck will offer tacos and other treats all day.
- 10:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.: Activities for all ages in our Writing Center and under a tent on our beautiful grounds. Join in on fun, interactive word activities and games.
- Write a poem or make a card or book for your mother or other special person who inspires you.
- Sit in on a 30-minute session with authors and artists to create take-home projects. Toddlers, school age, teens, adults, and seniors are welcome!
- Hear authors read excerpts of their writings about mothers.
- Hike and write on our 59 acres of trails with benches for rest and reflection.
- Meet friends and make new ones who share their interest in words, writing, and reading – and be inspired by Door County’s natural environment.
Come on your own or bring a friend or family member to capture memories and stories about those who have inspired you in your life. Drop in anytime!