SUBMISSIONS ARE NOW OPEN!
DEADLINE EXTENDED TO DECEMBER 31, 2019!
The Door County Poets Collective seeks poems for a second collection, tentatively titled From the Heart of Door County.
Theme: Submit 1-3 poems about
- The “interior” of the county–places, practices, people, events and activities that the casual visitor may not see–to reveal its heart,
- What makes Door County unique among Wisconsin’s many vacation spots and agricultural or retirement communities.
- Explore the less well-known waters and landscapes, arts and folk arts, musical and theatrical experiences, ethnic histories and customs, unusual buildings and institutions, occupations and avocations, controversies and passions, among the many elements that create a vibrant culture despite substantial differences among the people who live here or visit regularly.
- Emerging and established poets of all ages and backgrounds welcome.
- Submit 1-3 poems by midnight, December 31, 2019 via email to email@example.com
- Include with a 50 word bio
- jpeg photo of the poet.
- Attach submissions in Word.doc/docx or RTF (not PDF) with an abbreviated title of each poem in the subject line.
- Poems in any style; prefer poems that fit on one page in 12 point font.
- Previously published poems are ok, if poet holds the copyright, please provide publication information.
If electronic submission is not possible, send three copies of each poem with one bio and photo to Estella Lauter, 3092 Gibraltar Rd., Fish Creek, WI 54212.
Poems will be read by several members of the Collective in January. We look forward to hearing from you.