Sponsor A Day – $250
Sponsoring just one day of Write On’s outreach operations makes a difference!
For almost five years, Write On, Door County has been bringing writers into our local schools, conducted regular memoir groups for seniors, and provided affordable classes and workshops for writers of all experience levels. We’ve also sponsored acclaimed public readings by prominent poets and writers like Naomi Shihab Nye and U.S. Poet Laureate Tracy K. Smith. And, like well-known writing nonprofits in other parts of the country, our writers residencies program has leveraged our beautiful natural surroundings, the unique Door County landscape, to get the attention of writers from across the country and provide them with a writing retreat where they can fruitfully work without distractions.
By sponsoring a day at Write On, you can honor a special day, loved one, or those you admire by showing your support for our vital and engaging community programs.
Each day sponsored will be proudly shared on Write On’s home page, displayed at Write On’s center in Juddville, and at all of your selected day’s events.
Please indicate the day (or days) you would like to sponsor in the ‘Additional Comments’ section at checkout.
Here are some ideas to consider for your sponsored day:
- In honor of a favorite historical or deceased writer – Emily Dickinson, Jane Austen, Charles Dickens, F. Scott Fitzgerald
- In honor of a current favorite writer – J.K Rowling, Margaret Atwood, George R. R. Martin, Neil Gaiman
- In honor of a deceased Wisconsin writer – Aldo Leopold, Laura Ingalls Wilder, August Derleth, Norbert Blei
- In honor of a current Wisconsin writer – Dan Egan, Kathleen Ernst, Michael Perry, Jerry Apps
- In honor of a current Door County writer – Paul Burton, Sharon Auberle, Patricia Skalka, Ralph Murre
- In honor of a friend, relative, parent or child
- In honor of an anniversary, birthday, special event or special memory
- In honor of good writing by good writers everywhere, and to expand the universe of informed, thoughtful readers everywhere!